Hayward Aquarite Turning On and Off

Mar 20, 2013
I have a Hayward Aquarite that was purchased in 2003. I replaced the cell about 6 months ago and it was working great. Now the control unit seems to be having issues:

First the reading was at 2700 but the pool was closer to 3000, power and generating lights were on.
Then the reading went to 0 and the Power and Generating green lights would stay on for about 10 seconds, I would hear a click from behind the panel face and then the lights would go off. About 1 minute later they would come on and then click off again. The reading would stay at 0

I am fairly capable at DIY and would love to replace or diagnose just what is wrong rather then having to buy a whole new unit.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks

I found lots of dialog on DIY replacing the current limiter on Aqua Rite. Simple solder job & $8 part. Might do the trick. See my post today with an upgrade alternative: solder once, then future plug & play current limiter installation. Picture included.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.