Plaster and Temp

Aug 16, 2008
Cave Creek, AZ
Our pool is 16ish years old and will need plaster in the next 2 or three years. Our plaster is your standard white variety - nothing fancy. But my inlaws (that live very close and have the same exposure we do) have a dark pebble-tec in their pool. Their pool always runs about 10 degrees warmer than ours does. This means they open sooner and close later.\

Does the color of the pool coating make that much difference? We are in Phoenix and I already get 6 to 7 months a year out of the pool, but if I could get 9 that would be great. Might circumvent the need for solar heat.

If the only difference between the pools is the color, then you have your answer ;) But, there could be other things at work, like your may be more exposed to winds that would cause fast evaporation and cooling, for example. Do they use a cover and you do not?

I think the dark colors can help, 10 degrees seems surprising to be though. The cheapest thing to try would be to use a cover at night to retain the heat gained in the day.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.