Hayward 250 wont fire

Mar 20, 2013
Lots of great content here but I cannot find any feedback on my specific problem.

I have a Hayward H250 gas heater that will not fire up. Pilot light goes on everytime. If I jump the TH terminals the unit will fire up. According to the troubleshooting flowchart, the next step is to jump the pressure switch. When I do this the pilot light goes out. re light pilot, jump PP, pilot goes back out. Unfortunately, this scenario is not covered in the work flow.

Anyone seen this?

Thanks all,

Paul

I jumped the pressure switch terminals. They are labeled PP.

I have someone coming by in the AM to take a look. I dont want to deal with replacing the valve if that is the case. Just not sure why the pilot would go out when I jumped the pressure switch terminals. But then again, I am a software guy and I dont know jack about gas heaters. :D

I think you're talking about the PP on the gas valve. That's not the pressure switch, I think that has something to do with the pilot light gas supply, and that's why the pilot is going out.

The pressure switch is the big round looking piece of plastic that's on the upper right as you're staring at the open panel. You can see a picture/drawing on p. 32 of the manual. Jump the terminals to take that switch out of the circuit.

Sorry I couldn't get to your question earlier.

Yep, that is right. I took the switch out and cleaned it up. Once I jump the termimals the pilot goes out but the Hayward troubleshooting workflow does not list this as a possibility.

PS - Hayward tech support is useless.

Sorry everyone, I made a rookie mistake, I was not jumping the pressure switch witch I thought were the PP terminals. The problem was in fact the pressure switch. $120 later and I am back up and running.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.