Intex sand filter pump

Welcome to tfp, shaunybarra :wave:

It is possible something is jamming the pump impeller. With the pump unplugged, remove the leaf basket and then reach into the hole that goes towards the motor to see if the impeller turns freely.

If this is a brand new pump, you may bring it back to the place you got it. Occasionally there are bad ones from the factory. If it's like all the larger filter/pumps, you may not be even able to see much of anything to check for an obstruction through that screen infront of the inlet.

You really need to tell us exactly what you have for a pump.....stand alone or integrated pump/filter setup.

Bob E.

To be honest, Intex really stands behind their pumps. If you are within the 2 year warranty period and have the receipt for your purchase, call them. I had to because the bearings were going out of mine after 1 1/2 years and they sent me a new pump. Good Luck.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.