I got a little lazy in my chemical watching.

I just built my first pool last August. Inground, with a plaster (quartz) finish. Everything was going perfect thanks to this site....so perfect in fact that by the time December rolled around and the water temp was around 45 degrees I ignored my pool. Except for the occasional vacuuming. The water looked great so I didn't really test it. Then the weather warmed up and I started paying attention again and I realized that my CH level was about 75. I've read that anything under 100 can start to eat at the finish. Did I screw up my finish? I've also noticed a couple of stains in the deep end? Will they come out now that I'm bringing my chemicals back in line?

Hard to say if you damaged it or not. What were the full test results?

The stains coming out depend what kind of stain it is. Organic may be removed by the FC and a little scrubbing. Metal stains will require possibly using vitamin C to remove them.

If the pool is fully winterized then you leave it alone for the winter. But if you can still run the pump it is worth taking a peek every month or so and adding a little chlorine (which requires having the pump running).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.