Middle Tennessee
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
I have been reading through several posts regarding phosphates and nitrates and most say to ignore; however, the IntelliChlor manual has this info:

Nitrates and Phosphates can cause extremely high chlorine demands and will deplete chlorine from
your swimming pool. In some cases nitrates may even lower your chlorine levels to zero. Your local
pool professional can test for nitrates and phosphates. While a 0 ppm level of nitrates is the ideal, the
pool owner should make sure that nitrates DO NOT exceed 10 ppm. Phosphates should not exceed
125 parts per billion (ppb

So should I be concerned about these presence of these in my water or not? BTW, I haven't tested to see if they are present in our water; I am just trying to read through manuals/pool school/posts, etc before we actually fill our pool so that we can have a handle on it when we do.

Thanks for all the help.

Thanks. That is what I have been reading but wanted to be sure I was following manufacturers recommendations as well. Looking forward to a "troublefree pool"!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.