water test results = Are they ok?

Zona

Jul 24, 2012
AZ
I am a little skeptical when i get my local chandler.az Leslie's to test my water so I know i need to get a better test kit that you guys recommend and leave them out of the picture. Below are my results, do you think I am in balance {yes i know when i get home to add acid, Ph is to high] As you know Az water is extremely hard. i dumped and refilled in 9/10. Can I maintain and keep my pool balanced this summer with the info provided? CYA seems out of line, late last fall it was around 60-70. CH is high?, the Leslie guy said it would come down when the Ph is adjusted?I have a Myron L micromhos meter that reads my water at 7000 which converted to TDS using a .067 constant equates to 4690 TDS, i read that TDS does not mean anything in pool water balance, is that correct? i was always under the assumption that when your incoming water concentrates in the pool 2-3 times its time to dump and refill the pool? I need to read more at pool school and learn the water treatment a lot better...thanks in advance

fc=3
tac=3
salt=3300
ch=760
cya=165
ta=109
ph=8.3
copper=0
iron=0
temp=60-65°f

I think you actually are heading in the right direction (and realize it). Read more Pool School and order yourself one of the recommended test kits.

Hard to give advice based on the questionable results for a pool store.

Pool stores are notoriously wrong on the CYA, but depending on your chlorine source, it might be way above 100 and it is time to change the water. The water change will also help with the high CH.

Take the advice above, read Pool School, and do yourself a favor, get one of the recommended test kits TF100 or K-2006 on-line. Testing is easy after a couple of times, and your test kit will be much more reliable than the pool store.

So lets say the pool store readings are correct, time to dump and refill? or fight the battle, lots can go wrong fast out here with the 100+* heat days and the monsoon load on the pool. Have a test kit in my cart just not quite sure about which one to get k 2006 or the tf 100.

Zona said:
So lets say the pool store readings are correct, time to dump and refill?
If they are correct, yes, you need to get your cya level down.

I would get the tf-100 (more bang for buck than the k2006). I would also wait to do anything until you kit comes and you know for sure what your cya is.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.