Getting back up and running

8lbcalico

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 29, 2011
Ahhh summer is here and even though we experience mild winters here it is really nice to see warmer weather and the excitement in the kids faces as the pool nears opening.

Anyhow just checking in to see if there might be anything else I could do about some persistent cloudy water. I have been holding shock level since Saturday and have a marked improvement over the green algae that was present. However there are only slight changes in clarity over the last 2 days. I have been washing filter everyday and will start to rotate the two I have to get a fresh filter in there least twice a day to see if that helps. Any other suggestions?

Yesterdays results:
FC: 19.5
CC: 0.5
pH: 7.2
TA: 90
CH: 260
CYA: 50

This mornings test results:
FC: 15 (adding just under half a gallon to bring back up to 18)
CC: 0
pH: 7.2 (this is probably more like 7.3 and almost 7.4, very slow to rise)
TA: 80
CH: 270
CYA: 60 (my target was supposed to be 40 I may need to drain and refill?)

Love that I'm back on this site skimming these posts again as it means summer is here YAY!

-8lb

Just maintain shock level and clean the filter when the pressure goes up 20-25% of the clean pressure.

This is where the POP (pool owner patience) comes into play.

Likely no need to replace water as a CYA of 60ppm is not that high. But, it also means that according to the FC/CYA table your shock level is 24ppm. Or the poolcalculator lists 18ppm. Either is fine, but the chart is more aggressive.

Hey jbizzel, thanks for the reply. Glad to see you're still here helping all us lost souls find the light!

POP is the tough one for me, but I have been doing better this year more so than any other. Slowly adding chems (aside from the CYA doh), testing often and waiting for the pool to tell me what to do next rather than pushing to get it open. I think I will stick with pool calculator as this has been my main stay for the last three years and has never failed me.

-8lb

Oh by the way I really do love this site, you guys are awesome for helping so many out. Good people in this day and age seem to be far and few between, it is refreshing to see a community stick together like you guys do year after year. Thanks to all of you for your contributions.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.