Gravel from drain under liner

jwurtz

Nov 10, 2012
I"m worried that my pool that was just installed last August/September is going to have some type of sink holes under my liner when we open it a month or two. What I'm showing you in this picture is the PVC pipe coming from below my liner and as you can see has a rather large mound of gravel that has come from it.

Can anyone with experience please help me understand if this is going to be a problem or is that to be expected.

I've not called the pool company yet in hope to get a little understanding from you all.

Thanks

JJ

Attachments

• pool_drain.jpg
    pool_drain.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 58
Thanks! That's about what it looked like but I am surprised they used a pipe that big.....now, I have an idea of the size of that gravel pile and I would call the PB TODAY.

That is a VERY significant loss of fill and almost has to have a negative affect on your pool.

There must be hundreds of gallons of water coming from that pipe at time to be able to carry that much gravel.

Is that pipe lower than the bottom of the pool?

I agree with the other Dave, call the PB now! They're going to ahve to come up with some way to get that fill back under there and prevent it from coming out again. There should have been a screen over the inboard end of the pipe.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.