Anybody using one of these?

I looked at those but if I remember correctly you have to replace the cell every 6-12 months.I think the cell costs a couple hundred bucks.I would verify that as it's been quite awhile since I looked at those.

From what others have posted the install is reasonably easy, but not dramatically easier than installing a regular SWG. You still need to drill holes in a section of pipe and you have to have a long enough clear run of pipe where you can install the unit.

I've been very happy with my AutoPilot unit, especially since I stopped using the Total Control features and dropped back to the DIG-220 model. I have also heard really good things about their Nano unit. Keep in mind that the DIG-220 is more expensive than most, though it makes up for it with some nice extra features.

I couldn't find anything concrete about having to replace the cells yearly.I did find that you can get a 1,2or 3yr warranty depending on which vendor you buy from but I couldn't find out exactly what parts are warranted for the 2 &3yrs exactly.

JasonLion said:
From what others have posted the install is reasonably easy, but not dramatically easier than installing a regular SWG. You still need to drill holes in a section of pipe and you have to have a long enough clear run of pipe where you can install the unit.

Jason - dumb question, but can you explain what you mean by "regular SWG"? I have one of these in my setup (except mine is hard-wired, so it's not that exact model) - PB's choice and I didn't question it. I'm just curious now how this differs from other SWGs.

btw - HoleInOne - I've only had the pool for one season, but so far have not had any issues with the Jandy.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
In both cases (Ei and conventional) the control unit is mounted to a nearby wall. In both cases there are complications if you don't have a sufficiently long section of straight pipe where the call/sensor can be installed.

With a Jandy Ei you drill four holes in the pipe (at a specific spacing) and then clamp the cell and sensor packages onto the pipe. The control unit then plugs into an outlet.

With a "conventional" SWG you cut out a section of pipe and then glue the cell (and depending on brand sensor package) onto the pipe. The control unit is then hardwired to the timer/automation unit/switch/circuit breaker (or other power source depending on situation).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.