Pentiar Easytouch programming hellp?

LKB

Jul 1, 2012
Hi All,

I just installed an intelliflow XF pump, easytouch upgrade panel, and Solar system with bypass.
10K spa/pool with spillway, shared equipment.

The easytouch is controlling to pump, Intellichlor, gas heater, solar valve and pool valves.
Pardon my ignorance but I have been through the manual many times and cannot figure out the solar.
I have solar enabled, and in service mode the solar button activates the valve.
I have regular cleaning schedules set and working, but solar never activates.
I need to set it up so when the solar turns on the pump increases in RMP.
Anybody out there familiar with programming a setup like this?

Just FYI as far as the pump goes, I have a very high pitch chirping when it warms up, besides that I actually thought it would be quieter that it is, my old Wisperflo was not much noisier!

Also I am getting cavitation in the top of the pump, checked the suction union and fittings, lid seal etc, cannot figure it out,old Wisperflo was tight as a drum!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

TIA,
LB

You setup pump speeds on the IntelliFlo 4 menu page, inside the settings menu. There are four slots, each of which can have a speed and a circuit assigned. Assign Pool as the circuit for the default speed, and then assign Solar to another higher speed.

The pump needs to be scheduled to be on in order for solar to come on. Once the pump speeds are setup the speed will automatically change to the highest speed of any of the circuits that are active and have speeds assigned.

Do you get cavitation when running it at a lower speed? It might be that there is not enough flow through the inlets (e.g. skimmer(s), main drain, etc). This could be due to some debris stuck in the vacuum line(s) that need to be cleaned out. Not enough to completely block flow, but enough clogging to reduce flow, leading to cavitation. Of course, there could also be an air leak at the vacuum manifold, etc. If you still have cavitation at lower speeds, this would suggest an air leak.

It probably isn't cavitation. Those pumps are notorious for not "glassing over" at low speeds. It is due to the fact that the impellar on that pump is a 3 1/2 hp, and you aren't running the motor at the (normal) speed of 3450 rpm. If the pump is not making a sound as if there is a handful of gravel in it, it isn't cavitating. As long as you are otherwise getting good flow, i wouldn't worry about it.

Thanks Everyone! (I love this board!)

After reevaluating things and comments from this post, (Thanks Pool Clown!) I don't think it is cavitation at all, it just does not suck all of the air from the lid. I have found my intelliclor starts working at 1850, solar runs well at 2500... the chirping goes away at lower rpm, but gets pretty load after it runs a while, and comes and goes. Pentair will be out next week to look at it.

So far I love everything, XF pump, easytouch upgrade panel, indoor control panel, and the SOLAR!!!!

LB

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.