Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pentiar Easytouch programming hellp?

1. Back To Top    #1

Pentiar Easytouch programming hellp?

Hi All,

I just installed an intelliflow XF pump, easytouch upgrade panel, and Solar system with bypass.
    10K spa/pool with spillway, shared equipment.

The easytouch is controlling to pump, Intellichlor, gas heater, solar valve and pool valves.
    Pardon my ignorance but I have been through the manual many times and cannot figure out the solar.
    I have solar enabled, and in service mode the solar button activates the valve.
    I have regular cleaning schedules set and working, but solar never activates.
    I need to set it up so when the solar turns on the pump increases in RMP.
    Anybody out there familiar with programming a setup like this?

Just FYI as far as the pump goes, I have a very high pitch chirping when it warms up, besides that I actually thought it would be quieter that it is, my old Wisperflo was not much noisier!

Also I am getting cavitation in the top of the pump, checked the suction union and fittings, lid seal etc, cannot figure it out,old Wisperflo was tight as a drum!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

TIA,
    LB
    Sunny Sarasota Fl area
    10K Pool/SPA, Pentair equipment
    IntellifloXF
    Easytouch upgrade Panel
    Intelliclor IC-40
    Techno-Solis Solar Panels

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pentiar Easytouch programming hellp?

You setup pump speeds on the IntelliFlo 4 menu page, inside the settings menu. There are four slots, each of which can have a speed and a circuit assigned. Assign Pool as the circuit for the default speed, and then assign Solar to another higher speed.

The pump needs to be scheduled to be on in order for solar to come on. Once the pump speeds are setup the speed will automatically change to the highest speed of any of the circuits that are active and have speeds assigned.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks Jason, I understand it better now and that worked perfectly!
    Now just need to figure out my cavitation issue!

LB
    Sunny Sarasota Fl area
    IntellifloXF
    Easytouch upgrade Panel
    Intelliclor IC-40

4. Back To Top    #4

Do you get cavitation when running it at a lower speed? It might be that there is not enough flow through the inlets (e.g. skimmer(s), main drain, etc). This could be due to some debris stuck in the vacuum line(s) that need to be cleaned out. Not enough to completely block flow, but enough clogging to reduce flow, leading to cavitation. Of course, there could also be an air leak at the vacuum manifold, etc. If you still have cavitation at lower speeds, this would suggest an air leak.
    38K in ground pool with attached spa. Current equipment: Easytouch 8 (521150) with IC-60 SWCG with web control by Autelis, 1x Pentair IntelliFlo 011018 pump (for filter), 1x Pentair 2HP WhisperFlo pump (for waterfall), 2X Pentair IntelliBrite 5G 12V lights, Pentair MiniMax400 NG Heater, Pentair SMBW2060 DE filter. Zodiac Barracuda MX8 cleaner on dedicated cleaner line. Lighting/home automation controlled by Insteon/ISY-99i.

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry

It probably isn't cavitation. Those pumps are notorious for not "glassing over" at low speeds. It is due to the fact that the impellar on that pump is a 3 1/2 hp, and you aren't running the motor at the (normal) speed of 3450 rpm. If the pump is not making a sound as if there is a handful of gravel in it, it isn't cavitating. As long as you are otherwise getting good flow, i wouldn't worry about it.
    Factory Warranty Station for:
    Jandy/Zodiac, Pentair, Sta-Rite, Raypak, Polaris,
    and Paramount pool cleaning systems.

6. Back To Top    #6

Thanks Everyone! (I love this board!)

After reevaluating things and comments from this post, (Thanks Pool Clown!) I don't think it is cavitation at all, it just does not suck all of the air from the lid. I have found my intelliclor starts working at 1850, solar runs well at 2500... the chirping goes away at lower rpm, but gets pretty load after it runs a while, and comes and goes. Pentair will be out next week to look at it.

So far I love everything, XF pump, easytouch upgrade panel, indoor control panel, and the SOLAR!!!!

LB
    Sunny Sarasota Fl area
    IntellifloXF
    Easytouch upgrade Panel
    Intelliclor IC-40

7. Back To Top    #7

In the Industry

I have had a couple of them chirp at low speeds. I think it is the fan. Pentair wont warranty the motor for that.
    Factory Warranty Station for:
    Jandy/Zodiac, Pentair, Sta-Rite, Raypak, Polaris,
    and Paramount pool cleaning systems.