Become a TFP Supporter Welcome to our new server and new forum software. Pool School

Thread: Hayward Power-Flo Matrix Low Speed Flow Rate

Hayward Power-Flo Matrix Low Speed Flow Rate

I am considering a new pump and was looking for data on the flow rate for a Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 1.5HP Dual-Speed SP15932S, specifically the low speed. For the life of me that information is not out on the web. Can someone provide GPM on the low speed?
    18' x 33' AGP
    16,715 gal.
    200 lb. Sand Filter w/Hayward PowerFlo MATRIX 1.5 H.P. 2 Spd. pump
    Stenner Injection Pump System

Re: Hayward Power-Flo Matrix Low Speed Flow Rate

Low speed will have exactly half of the GPM of high speed. What the actual number is very much depends on your plumbing, how long, what kind of filter, how many bends, what kind of pipe/hose, etc.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    TFP Admin. Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

Great. Thanks Jason!
    18' x 33' AGP
    16,715 gal.
    200 lb. Sand Filter w/Hayward PowerFlo MATRIX 1.5 H.P. 2 Spd. pump
    Stenner Injection Pump System

You could ask Hayward through their site. I asked them the same question about my pump which is 1hp 2 speed and they told me on low 20-30 gpm with 20ft of head. The 1hp matrix is said to have 86gpm at 10- 20ft of head.
    As Jason said there is other things that come into play also. I guess the only sure way is to have a flowmeter hooked up.
    Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.