FAS-DPD kits shipped to Australia

Jan 8, 2013
Sydney, Australia
I am looking for one of the better kits but unwilling to pay $133 to http://www.tdchlorinators.com.au/tf100.php.

Does anyone know of anyone that ships the Taylor K-2006, the Leslie's Chlorine FAS-DPD Service Test Kit, or the TF Test Kit's TF100 to Australia?

Or maybe there is a reason you can't ship them outside of the US, are any of the chemicals perhaps restricted for international shipping?

Has anyone manually shopped for all the chemicals separately, could that be time consuming but cheaper and easier way for me to get a good test kit locally?

Thanks.

Richard

The problem is the cost of shipping. The link you provided I believe made a deal with Dave (the forum and tftestkits owner) to have a bunch of the kits shipped over ... not cheap, but the TF100 really is the best kit.

I am not sure if there are Taylor dealers down there, but guessing not.

Posted from my Droid with Tapatalk ... sorry if my response is short ;)

I believe that "hidden stones" refers to regulator complexity adding costs to the shipping. The extra costs being referred to as if the package was heavier then you would expect, ie as if there were stones "hidden" in the box. The TF100, and any similar kit, can, in principal, be shipped internationally, but there is additional paperwork involved because of the chemicals it includes. That paperwork makes the shipping costs quite high.

TFTestkits cannot ship the TF-100 or K-2006 internationally. The issue is trying to figure out ALL the varying regulations to this country or that country and then making sure we comply with those regs. We are a small company and simply find it beyond our capability.

The Taylor K-2006 I think is shipped internationally by only one company (can't remember the name right now) and I believe their cost might be even higher....not sure.

Strannik has taken the time and trouble to have the kits shipped to him through a forwarder (who takes a sizable cut) and then has to pay the freight for the kits being shipped from us to the forwarder and then to Australia on top of that. When you add up all that, his selling price is quite reasonable

In the end, he pays a big price to get them landed in Australia. I wish he and I could find a more cost effective way of doing this but there seems to be no way around it for now.

If I had my time again I'd support TDChlorinators and get a TF100 from him. But at the time I was looking for one in 2011 they couldn't supply so I had to go elsewhere.

Saltwater Pool Parts in Vegas sold me a K2006 for USD60 plus USD45 freight via USPS.
PST Pool supplies in CA will also do a K2006 to AU for similar money via Fedex.

I wasn't too happy about paying 100 bucks plus for a kit I was happy with either but it was worth it in the end and I haven't needed to set foot in a pool shop since.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.