Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: DE filter pressure gauge is reading 0

1. Back To Top    #1

DE filter pressure gauge is reading 0

Split off of this topic. Please either ask the original poster a question in their topic, or ask your own questions in your own topic. JasonLion

did you or anyone ever find out why your de filter pressure gauge was reading 0 ? i am having exact same issue, i have a hayward de6020 de filter and the pump is pumping water just fine and coming out all of the returns, i have replaced gauge twice now, i made sure that i used teflon tape when i installed gauge and i hear no air leaks anyhere, as far as i can tell everything is working normal except i show zero pressure ? can anyone help me?

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: DE filter pressure gauge is reading 0

There are a number of things that can cause the pressure to read zero. By far the most common is a broken gauge. It is also possible for the teflon tape wrapped around the threads to accidentally block the input port to the gauge. Or the pipe/connector that the gauge is attached to can be blocked in some way.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3
    SW Indiana

Re: DE filter pressure gauge is reading 0

Unscrew the gauge a little and see if any water leaks out.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat