Need advice regarding tan colored liner

Mar 16, 2013
Hello to everyone. We will be starting pool installation in about 4 weeks. We are having a 18x36 I ground installed with a diving board and jetted swin out seats. My husband is leaving the choice of pool liner up to me. Initially i thought this would be great but now i see choising a liner is hard because it does not look the same when in water. Our installer uses GIL products and there is a good selection. I know I do not want a pool so dark that depth may be hard to perceive. I am thinking of a sand colored liner that has some darker blue flecks in it. I would like to know if any of you have a sand or tan liner installed and if so what color is your water. Is it a turquoise or more green? All of my pool friends have medium blue colored liners. If any one has a photo of their pool filled I would appreciate seeing it. Also do you think if I placed the liners in a full bath tub that would give me a better sense of what the liner would look like? Thank you for any input.

Welcome Mom! There are a few members who have tan liners. I had one in my above ground pool. It was called Antilles. It had a tan river rock bottom and blue walls with dolphins. The liner was out of this world in my opinion and if I could get it again, I would just because of how the water looked. However, I was quite shocked when I filled the pool because, what does blue and yellow mixed make? GREEN! I had neon green water for awhile because of that liner but after the sun faded it, I loved it, so much so, I would do it again! :mrgreen:

The second and third year I had it, it only got better in my opinion. Here is one of the last pics I have of this liner on a sunny day. Enjoy!

Hey. I recently struggled with the same decision on a liner for my new pool. I decided on the sand liner after seeing several (installed & with water) on this forum. I LOVE the caribbean, ocean look of the tan liner. My PB is supposed to start my pool tomorrow, weather permitting. When my pool gets finished I'll be sure to post pics for you. If the weather cooperates I should have my new pool within 3 weeks. Can't wait!!

young36- thank you so much that would be helpful. I am strongly leaning towards the sand colored liner. I looked your liner up and my monitor shows it to have maybe dark grey in it where as the one I am looking at has blues instead of the grey. The sand color is the same. I tried submerging the liners in the tub but that did not work. I can not seem to post a photo of the liner but i can include a link. I am leaning towards the talana or torino (the floor is the same) and if I went blue the gabbiano or gerano again the floor is the same. My husband tells me there will be no do overs if I choose something I end up not liking and I feel so indecisive. As I type this it is sleeting in Pittsburgh so I guess I still have some time.

http://www.glipoolproducts.com/assets/p ... hnames.jpg

I like both the Talano and Torino but my preference would be the Talana.
My selection would be based on which border best matched the surroundings. If you're going with a stone cove, the Torino may look better. If you're going with concrete and pavers, it probably won't matter which you get.

If I were going with blue tones I'd go with the Bonito

You can see my entire build HERE.

We went with the liner shown below, and are very please. I will post some water pictures directly on this thread later (cant access photobucket right now), but you can see them all on my build thread.

We are very happy with the choice!

Attachments

• liner.jpg
    liner.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 1,832
Here the liner I went with. It is called Gulf Coast/Gold Pebble. I'd call the water color auqamarine. The color really enhances when full of water and becomes much richer. Hides dirt well too! Sorry I don't have a pic of it full. I hope to finish plumbing this weekend and I'll re-post a pic. Good luck with your build.
07E5225D-E31F-4513-AC26-42EE58025A4D-24575-00002FE3F199D3F3.jpg

161AC434-2021-427D-823B-317940B5B4D3-24575-00002FE404B0268C.jpg

1D3C722F-8B50-486A-B6C3-867C2695C41B-40471-00004F434A03AE1A.jpg

We are moving right along with our build and I had told you I would get you a pic of the liner after it was installed. This pic is of the pool as it was just filling up...the water is a gorgeous aqua color. The pools full now so I'll get a new pic and post it for you too. I'm VERY happy with my liner choice.

How's your build going? I'd love to see some pics :-D :lol:

Attachments

• pool day 9.jpg
    pool day 9.jpg
    199.6 KB · Views: 1,734

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thought I'd post a pic of my pool now that it's filled up. The water was in the pool a few days before the pump was turned on but it's clearing up great! I LOVE the tan liner :goodjob:

How's your build coming along?

Attachments

• Day 11.jpg
    Day 11.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 1,712
I am in the same situation and wondering what color sand to get now... a warm tone or more gray tone it looks like yours is more on the gray side and I love the color of the water!! Thanks for posting these... am I right that it is more gray?

I read somewhere else that the warm toned pool looked green with the water until the liner began to fade... a couple years and then they were happy with it...

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

@songbirdie- my liner is a tan colored Sand liner. The water has been in for a couple weeks now & I'm SO happy with it. Doesn't look green to me, more aqua. I'll upload a newer photo tonight.

My pool is now finished except for the concrete and I'm loving it!

My turn to get a new liner and leaning toward the sand color. My question is, What effect does salt water have on the color of the water, if any? I use chlorine and just wondering if I should expect less blue. The pics above look great!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.