Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Jandy Valves

1. Back To Top    #1

Jandy Valves

Just ordered 6 new 2 way Jandy Valves for the new epuipment pad and noticed that the one port says in? Are they directional? I could not find anywhere someone mentioning that they are, if so I guess the only thing that it will affect is the appearance shock value of how ggod this is gonna look

And yes I know no one cares about equipment pads, but I sure do like to look at em!

Also could someone tell me what the big round canister on a single pipe coming out of the ground is? I see it on some pics but not very many, I have no idea what it is?
    "There are no bad days, just some better than others"

18k, Ig Vinyl, 3/4 us motors, Hayward sand filter, quickpure3 ozone generator

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Jandy Valves

The seal when the valve is closed is held tightly closed by water pressure if installed in the normal orientation. Installed backwards, water pressure will tend to open the seal just a little. Backwards, the valve will mostly work, but will let just a little water through.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Jandy Valves

Thank you Jason, that's kind of what I thought by looking it over.
    "There are no bad days, just some better than others"

18k, Ig Vinyl, 3/4 us motors, Hayward sand filter, quickpure3 ozone generator