my new home has a 33k gallon inground salt water pool. the cover wasnt off for about 3 years before i bought the house late in the season last year. i uncovered it and hooked up the pumps etc to see what i was dealing with. everything seemed to be working ok. it was very late in the season so other than a quick shock and leak test thats all that was done before i closed it back up.
ive had above ground chlorine pools in the past but never salt water. one pool store suggests converting to chlorine and one suggests keeping it salt water. im open to suggestion....chlorine or salt water? what is easier and cheaper?