Auto cover has separated from wall

May 24, 2012
Elko, MN
I noticed a few weeks ago my water level in the pool was super low. Hard to tell with 10 inches of snow outside. The weight of the snow/ice has pulled the track from the wall. :( Pretty sure this is very bad. Anything I can do till things start to melt? I have tried to shovel some of the snow off but I can't reach very far in.

That depends on why the water level is that low. If it was winterized that low there may be a reason why that was done that shouldn't be changed until freezing weather is over. If it drained down to there on it's own there is probably a leak and it will drain down to there again if you fill it up.

It must be a leak, the company that closed it said the cover sits on the water so the level needs to stay at the bottom of the skimmers. With one of the side walls still attached to the cover, would I be saving anything by trying to keep the water level up or would I be just wasting water?

If there is a leak, constantly adding water is not only expensive, but it is likely to wash out more soil behind the leak, making things more difficult to repair.

I suppose the question is, does the cover look like it is going to get worse if just left alone? If it has already done whatever damage it is going to do, then leaving it alone is your best bet. But if it is tearing off further and further each day you want to do something to stabilize it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.