Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Which SWG for my buddies pool?

1. Back To Top    #1

Which SWG for my buddies pool?

Posting for my computer illiterate buddy with a 30k gunite pool. He wants to swap his inline chlorinator with an SWG. He has no automation. I have an IC40 for 20k so naturally was thinking an IC60. He wants to do it right so looking for opinions. Thanks in advance.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Which SWG for my buddies pool?

I don't recommend getting the IC60 without a Pentair automation system. Without automation it gives you very little control over the settings, much less than similarly priced units from other vendors. With an automation system you get complete control over it and it is a far more attractive package.

The CompuPool, AquaRite, and AutoPilot units are all very well thought of.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks for the info. Any of those options better than the other? Which model numbers do you recommend for his pool? Which can be purchased for the least?

4. Back To Top    #4

They are all good. It depends on thing like how price sensitive you are. The CompuPool unit are attractively priced. The CPSC48 would be the most appropriate model for that pool, although the CPSC36 would also be fine.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School