Intelliflo VS Error Message

Jun 8, 2011
4 year old pump has been displaying error message that just won't go away: ALERT, SERVICE SYSTEM SOON. I've cleaned the Pentair filter, backwashed it. Is there anyway of clearing this message? Or is this a bigger problem of the pump?

That message indicates that the back pressure from the filter is much higher than the pump expects it to be and you should clean the filter to reduce the pressure back to normal. It could also indicate some other kind of blockage in the system other than the filter. The error could also be caused by the pump being broken in some way, though that is quite unlikely. You can clear the error message by reconfiguring the pump to not keep track of filter cleaning time, but that won't solve the underlying problem.

I'd start by feeling the water pressure on the return jets. High filter pressure generally means low water flow and you should be able to feel that at the returns.

Then check to see if you have any valves closed that should be open, or one return completely blocked, or anything along those lines.

The water pressure on the returns feels normal. Both returns have water coming out from them, so it doesn't feel like anything's blocking them. The filter was cleaned again and still the error message appears. Someone suggested that I backwash or maybe a priming issue. So frustrating now.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.