Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Dave in Georgia

1. Back To Top    #1

Dave in Georgia

Hello everyone, I'm Dave and live in Byron Ga. Had a new pool built summer before last by Triangle Pools out of southern GA. So far we love it, no real problems. It's not a big pool only 32X18. We also had the cool deck installed and a screen enclosure built to cover the pool. This is our first salt water pool so I'm hoping to pick up some good tips on keeping the water clear.
    Thanks in advance.

2. Back To Top    #2

Cypress, TX

Re: Dave in Georgia

Welcome from a recent BBB convert and TFP member!
    My advice for a great place to start:
    1) Head on over to Pool School (upper right corner of your screen). Read, read, read!
    2) Get your TF100 test kit so you know exactly what is going on in your water (links abound on this site - check out the article on comparing test kits for an overview of this excellent product)

Hands down this is the best place on the net for real pool-care info from very experienced resources. Enjoy!
    18,000 Gallon IG, Pebble Sheen, Quartzite coping
    Pentair 420 Cartridge Filter, 2HP Silencer, 400,000 BTU Heater, Platinum Legend Cleaner
    2x IntelliFlo VS pumps - Screenlogic Interface - Stenner 45MPHP10 15 Gal Bleach Injection
    TF100 + PoolCalculator + This Site!

3. Back To Top    #3
    NE Kansas

Welcome, great info and people on this site. When you get your test kit don't forget to get the magic stir! The time saving and accuracy it provides is well worth the money.
    And reread pool school over and over. Ask questions, make suggestions and most of all post pictures! We love pictures!
    Ron- Kansas. IG fiberglass, Riviera 30 Freeform 13600 gallons,
    EasyTouch 4 w/IC20 SWCG, Pentair Whisperflo 1hp, 2 speed 220 pump, Hayward ProGrid 4820 DE filter using Eco Klean instead of DE, 2 Savi Melody 12v 5 color LEDs, Raypack 266k btu millivolt heater, Arctic Armour Mesh custom safety cover (Total self Install) TF-100 test kit w/Magic stir.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Twin Cities, MN

Welcome to tfp, dbdj

Definitely heed the advice on getting an appropriate test kit if you don't have one already!
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry
    New Orleans, LA

Welcome to TFP!
    Josh Ulfers - TFP Supporting Vendor - - 888-725-8766 - AutoPilot Pool Pilot Systems, Parts & Cells - AquaCal Heat Pumps

6. Back To Top    #6

Buckeye, AZ 85326

Welcome you came to the right place.
    11,872 Gallon IG Shotcrete play pool
    Blue Granite Pebble Sheen finish
    Hayward SwimClear c4025, Navigator & Tristar 1.75hp pump
    2' Powerfall

7. Back To Top    #7
    SW PA

Welcome and enjoy the site!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter