Sep 2, 2010
Yorba Linda, CA
[attachment=1:1nws2epx]photo.JPG[/attachment:1nws2epx]FC: 3ppm
PH: 7.2
TA :90
CYA: 100+
CH:650

CH from fosset water = 275

I have an issue with the grouting on my coping brickwork pitting. As you can see in the pics. I have high CYA so for the last year I've been using 12% Liquid chlorine and Dry acid (to control high PH drift) and nothing else. I did a 50% drain last year, after I fired the pool guy recommended by the pool builder. The CYA was through the roof and still isn't where I would like it to be.

Is the High CH causing the pitting? It only seem to be at the brickwork closest to the waterline. I have the same coping at the top of the bond beam (3+ feet above water) and it isn't affected with the pitting.

Many thanks

Sean (Southern CA)

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    180.9 KB · Views: 77
  • photo[1].JPG
    photo[1].JPG
    445.2 KB · Views: 77
No high CH would not cause the pitting. I would think low CH and low pH may do it ... though there may be something else at work.

Just a note that a FC of 3 ppm is WAY too low if your CYA is over 100 ppm. You should be maintaining the FC above 7 ppm to prevent algae problems. Of course this has nothing to do with your question though ;)

Will have to wait for someone who knows more than me to answer that question.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.