Looking for a new pool pump for summer escape 14ft x42

I would recommend you mail order one of the intex pumps. I have used a 2500gph filter/pump on my small intex pools for years. Click on the link above from Dan if you like......his pool was full when he made the switch, I had not found his technique yet so I I used a bucket as I recall. A big bowl makes much more sense.

Just like everyone else, I used the sharpest box knife (and scissors on the ready just incase) to cut the hole larger. Obviously much better flow than smaller pumps which worked much better to move water to heat my little pool. If you go cartridge, get some Unicell "B" type filters and rinse and reuse them. Much, much better than Intex filters (and you can clean and reuse them). I don't recall anyone regretting purchasing the pump/sand filter combo either.

The new, bigger inlet and return will be included in the box. Probably with valves to. If you get the cartridge filter pump, those are mandatory inorder to change filters. Works like a charm.....unless of course you hard plumb your pool.....but that's another long thread here at the forum.

Bob E.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.