Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Looking for a new pool pump for summer escape 14ft x42

1. Back To Top    #1

Looking for a new pool pump for summer escape 14ft x42

I am looking for a new pump for my pool. I am wondering if Intex and summer escape is compatable ? Please help

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Looking for a new pool pump for summer escape 14ft x42

For the most part they are. What pool do you have?
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

If you go with one of the Intex sand filters you may have to cut the pool and install the included adapters. I did, but it's pretty easy to do though a little nerve racking. http://www.troublefreepool.com/18x48...on-t40605.html
    Dan D
    Used 2003 Aqua Leader 27'x52", 17,800 w/10" hopper, SwimPro SW256T 250# sand filter, Hayward PowerFlo LX pump 1hp impellor, Emerson 1 1/2 hp motor, setup Aug 2012 Summer 2011 used Summer Escapes Ring pool 14' x 42", Intex 1600gph sand filter, HTH 6 way test kitTF-100 w/stirrer, Well water @ FC=0, PH=7.2, TA=290, CH=320

4. Back To Top    #4

I have a 14ft x 42 summer escape

5. Back To Top    #5

I would recommend you mail order one of the intex pumps. I have used a 2500gph filter/pump on my small intex pools for years. Click on the link above from Dan if you like......his pool was full when he made the switch, I had not found his technique yet so I I used a bucket as I recall. A big bowl makes much more sense.

Just like everyone else, I used the sharpest box knife (and scissors on the ready just incase) to cut the hole larger. Obviously much better flow than smaller pumps which worked much better to move water to heat my little pool. If you go cartridge, get some Unicell "B" type filters and rinse and reuse them. Much, much better than Intex filters (and you can clean and reuse them). I don't recall anyone regretting purchasing the pump/sand filter combo either.

The new, bigger inlet and return will be included in the box. Probably with valves to. If you get the cartridge filter pump, those are mandatory inorder to change filters. Works like a charm.....unless of course you hard plumb your pool.....but that's another long thread here at the forum.

Bob E.