Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Test high Chlorine levels

1. Back To Top    #1
    South Texas

Test high Chlorine levels

How do you test for Chlorine over 5.0 which is the maximum of my test kits?

I have several different test kits but none of them goes over 5.0 Chlorine

Hach CN-39WR Hardness, Iron, pH, & Chlorine (I already had this test kit to test water)
    Taylor K-1004 Pool & Spa Test Kit (Furnished by PB)
    Taylor K-1720 Cyanuric Acid Test
    Taylor K-1766 Salt Water Test
    Taylor K-1106 Phosphate Test
    TF-100 Test kit with XL option (On order from I should have ordered this one first instead of last.
    21,500 gal sport pool, 8' spa, beach, 400k btu LP heater, Pentair IC60 SWG & #300 Tablet Feeder, 60 sqft DE filter, Paramount in-floor PoolValet 3 cleaners, Debris Canister, Polaris 360, Pentair VFD 3hp pump, IntelliPh, Geysers & Turbo Twister Slide w/1 hp pump, Color LED Pool & Spa lights, E-Z Touch8 control system, Wireless controller. Test Kits:TF-100, Taylor K-1004, CYA K-1720, Phosphate K-1106, Salt Water K-1766, Hach CN-39WR.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: Test high Chlorine levels

You need the FAS-DPD chlorine test. This is really the key test to taking control of your pool.

If you already have Taylor tests for pH, TA, CH and CYA, you can order it separately here: ... t-p47.html

Or get the TF100 from the same place.

EDIT: looks like you already ordered the TF100 ... so you will be good to go!!!
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!