replacing my colorlogic

Mar 13, 2013
I'm sorry if this question has already been asked. I did look pretty hard before pressing submit so please forgive if I missed it. I pulled my dead 7yr old colorlogic 2.5 and am replacing it with a new 4.0 model. How am I supposed to drain the water from the niche once I screw the face plate back on? I have water in the junction box as well but I figured I could add some silicon when everything is wired to alleviate this. My light isn't that far from the pool so it might be worth digging it up and seeing if I can find the issue. I don't want to do this but I could even pull a small section of the patio and get all the way to the niche but again I'm not looking to do this unless it's worth it to resolve the water issues.

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!! :wave:

Water is supposed to be in the niche to aid cooling.

It is also not unusual for water to be in the conduit between the niche and the deck box (designed for this) ... but the deck box should be above the water level and not have water in it.

So, I am not clear whether you have a problem or not.

Thanks for the quick response. I stumbled on the code for the junction box and I'm thinking for the most part I'm in good shape. I don't have a pool approved junction box so I'll add this to the project and put everything back together. Thanks again for all the help and the wealth of information provided on this forum.

Does anyone have the part number handy for the replacement rubber gasket I need for the Hayward SP0607U fiberglass niches that goes in between the niche and the light? I assumed this would come with the $500 replacement light but my mistake.

Hmm ... I am wondering if I gave you the correct advice because you did not provide your pool details:

Is it above ground or in ground?
Plaster/vinyl/fiberglass?

Maybe some of the niches are not meant to be full of water.

Adding pictures of your setup would clear things up.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.