Jandy JHP 2.0 noisy

Dixit

Jul 16, 2012
Duluth, GA (ATL)
Its my negative edge pump for the spa to the catch basin. I dont use it often (right now since its offseason), maybe once a week just to move the water around. This last time it was way too noisy.

So went over there, pulled the motor part off, turned it on, and it was noisy for sure, so I knew had to be the motor bearings. Took it apart more (took the impeller off) and spun the shaft by hand it you could feel the metal to metal like feeling so I knew bearings were shot.

Luckily, the previous owner left another Jandy JHP 2.0 (identical pump) sitting here. He said it was useless because it melted the body housing (near the diverter snout). So he had replaced it with the Sta-Rite pump (in my signature). I was going to trash it a few months go, but thought let me see if I can get the body for cheap and get it going and maybe give it to my dad, he has a Hayward 2hp pump which is loud as heck too (already replaced the bearings on that one). So took the motor off the old one sitting there, it spun fine and very quiet. So going to swap that in, waiting on the new seal to arrive as well as new body gasket that will be needed. Hopefully this takes care of it.

Then since I will have the spare motor sitting here with bad bearings, order some new bearings for that and maybe have that sit here in case the replacement motor Im about to put in kicks the bucket.

Dixit

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.