Update on DIY build in TN (More Pics/Questions)

fYI. You might check out the price of non-iodized food grade salt in 25lb bags at Sam's or a restaurant depot. I'm lucky I work for a foodservice distributer where I can get it at cost so 2/25lb bags costs me less than half of a 40lb bag of the pool store or Lowes "pool salt." The granulated food grade dissolves much better too......just make sure it is one that doesn't have additives. We have customers (hotels) in a resort area that buy massive amounts of salt from us in season.....I'm guessing that's why.

TweakMO said:
Man. If u have the money, this is the way to do it!!! Very nice. Job well done!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thanks. Unfortunately its still a work in progress. I had to slow down and spend some time with the family. I severely underestimated how long the pool house would take, but I am almost ready for drywall. I'll try to post some new pics soon. BTW if u have the money, the way to do it is to watch a professional do it while you drink a cold one!

Not a whole lot of changes outside. I did get the deep-end planters finished and the sheer decents connected. They are in each corner. I will post some pics of pool house interior soon. BTW the yellow pipe in the planter is for a fire bowl and the pvc is for irrigation. Planning to keep open all winter- hope I dont regret that decision.

That is absolutely beautiful. You have done an outstanding job! We have been talking about taking out the concrete pad of our drive and installing the pavers. Your install has given me the inspiration needed. We too, are leaving our pool open all winter. We are a few miles east of you and right now, the only problem has been leaves. I knew we would have lots to get out of pool but we wanted to see how we managed during the winter. I think the worse case scenario would be sub freezing temps and power outage. We really don't have that happen in middle TN very often so we decided on taking a gamble. Best wishes and thanks for sharing your beautiful pool build with the rest of us.

janthony, your build is truly inspirational. Ive watched and learned. I am going to update my diy post tonight to show my progress. I got the pool installed and some of the patio work done but did not get the pavers. We are going to work on pavers over the winter so hopefully by next summer ours will look good!

ssgumby said:
janthony, your build is truly inspirational. Ive watched and learned. I am going to update my diy post tonight to show my progress. I got the pool installed and some of the patio work done but did not get the pavers. We are going to work on pavers over the winter so hopefully by next summer ours will look good!
Thanks. I learned a few tricks with the pavers the hard way. So PM me if interested in a few tips. I am sure you have a plan though. Good luck and get a big bottle of ibuprofen-your back will need it on those pavers. Looking forward to the pics.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
W..O..W...I went back and looked at your beginning photos and it doesn't look like the same place at all. Like I seriously thought I mistakenly went onto someone else's build.

Incredible job, especially as a DIY. I can barely change a lightbulb, and you do this?

Thanks guys. Its funny how it works when you diy and it takes you a couple of years to get to this point. You don't see the changes happening until you look back at pics. I still have a ways to go, but with more advice and ideas from TFP I'll get there.

WOW! I just found and went through this thread. What a beauty! I also live in Clarksville and I'm just getting started with my build this week. Not a DIY though. We are going with pavers as well and would sure welcome any of those tips you have for that! Great job.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.