Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Picking a pool cover

1. Back To Top    #1

Round Rock, TX

Picking a pool cover

I've been looking around for a custom pool cover for my spa and pool. I've kinda narrowed it down to two different companies.

Meyco at

Loop-Loc at

From reading their websites, you would think it was the same company just different names. Even their products look identical and they both talk about looking for their company name sew into the fabric.

What is everyone out there using? I've emailed pictures of my pool to a company here local that does Loop-Loc to get a bid. They said expect to pay ~$2500.

Any others to look at? Specifically I want to keep leaves out of my pool during the winter/spring.

15,500 gal, inground gunite pool with 7 ft spa, 2 speed pump 2hp/.33hp, 3/4 hp booster pump, Intermatic P1353 timer, AutoPilot SC-48, Sand filter with ZeoBest, Heater, that I never use . . .

2. Back To Top    #2
    SW Indiana
    Either will be great. Get an estimate from
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

3. Back To Top    #3

4. Back To Top    #4

Pelham Alabama (Birmingham)
    I can't say much about the Meyco, but I have been very pleased with my LoopLoc. I've had it for 9 years, and it is still good as new. I'm sure it may be a little faded. If it is it is evenly faded, and I really can't tell. I like my LoopLoc.

Mister Mister
    IG 18 x 36 Vinyl
    30,000 Gallons
    AutoPilot SWG
    Aquabot T2
    Hayward S244 Sand Filter
    Hayward 1hp RS1000 Pump
    Leisure Bay Spa - Flores - 500 Gallons
    AutoPilot SpaPilot - Not Yet Installed