Pump run times recommendations~ new pool owner LV

Jan 26, 2013
I recently purchased a house with a pool. My wife and I have never had a pool but thought it would be great for our kids. The house was a foreclosure and the previous owner let many things go. Lots of scale/calcium build up on the tile, salt cell was removed and many stains on the bottom of the pool from chlorine pucks being tossed in.
I have been doing the maintenance with some guidance from my father-in-law and TFP.

I am looking for assistance/recommendations regarding programming my pump with the Aqualink RS6. Per Pentair, they recommend installing an Intellicomm 2. My previous pool contractor had mentioned the Intel II also but spoke with a local pool supply store and stated there was a work-around. The Aqualink RSG is currently programmed to turn the pump/power on 24 hours per day. He programmed the pump and is now running at 3200 rpm's from 1a to 9a.
From what I've read here the pump should run during the day and with enough pressure for the floor system to operate?
My system info is below.
Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.