radiant sand filter question

Apr 15, 2012
SW Ohio
i am thinking about buying a 16 inch or 19 inch radiant sand filter for my intex 18x52 pool i have the 14 inch intex sand filter on it now with a 1/2 hp hayward pump which puts out 40 gpm, will my pump be better suited for the 16 or 19 inch radiant sand filter?. i know this filter will probably be overkill on my intex but i plan on going to a larger pool in the next couple of years, i have never heard of the brand and can't find any reviews on them to decide. i would lie to go with the 19 inch but i want to make sure my pump is up for the task........Mike

http://www.poolsupplies.com/shop/equipm ... nd-filters

Is you current filter not working? That pump that comes with the 14 is pretty small. I am not sure it would properly backwash the 19" filter adequately.

If you are planning on upgrading in the future, I would pick a pump and filter that meets the future needs and not compromise the filter to match your current pump. If you are like me and do not know your future, then I would wait unless the current setup is broken.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.