Why you should balance your water

I can't believe the rest of the heater hasn't simply colapsed around itself. I can't believe such condition wouldn't have also effected the pump, right? I am still floored looking at that.......I can't be the only one that is shaking their head. I know I don't keep my pool up perfectly......but somebody murdered that equipment.

Oh, per chance, have you tested the water at that location? It would be interesting to know just how out of balance it is.

Bob E.

Well, the pool was empty when we did the inspection. But, when we go back to start balancing the new fill water, I will post the starting water results. The pump and the filter are much newer than the heater (which I believe is original). Another interesting thing is that the skimmer baskets were full of scale.....and there was a new paint job on the pool.

Looks like you have your work cut out then. Wow, glad I don't have to play with that pool. It will be interesting to read on what you find, and how "bad" it is to fix it all up and how long it takes to get everything all up running and people swimming.

Bob E.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.