New Pool Build in Houston

We decided on a black glass mosiac tile for the spa and pool. For the pool we we putting a Mediterranean blue pebble finish plaster. For the spa it will be a dark pebble finish to help with the negative edge. Any thoughts or comments? I'm just wanting to be sure we are doing it right,

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
They got in and poured the piers before it rained yesterday luckily but they were afraid to get the steel installed before the rain forecasted for today. I can already tell the build is going to take a few years off my life. Plus the stress of hoping everything is done correctly and we don't have any future structure problems. We do have warranties but I just don't want to have to mess with that.

Cavjock - Check out the liquid chlorination subforum. Great stuff for those of us in Houston that want to avoid the salt water generator. See if the pool builder will wire in a 110 outlet to the automation system that you can hand a stenner pump from attached to a 15gal bleach tank. WAY better solution than the snake oil they are trying to sell you.

Chris

Garden Oaks - Houston

CAVJOCK22 said:
They got in and poured the piers before it rained yesterday luckily but they were afraid to get the steel installed before the rain forecasted for today. I can already tell the build is going to take a few years off my life. Plus the stress of hoping everything is done correctly and we don't have any future structure problems. We do have warranties but I just don't want to have to mess with that.

Yeah, it will. It will be worth it in the end, though. All of us here have been through it at least once. I have to say my extensive remodel wasn't as stressful as a build, in the end. All of the digging, permits, problems...oy...Just make sure you eat well, get exercise, have some fun, and get enough sleep! And Xanax ain't a bad idea either... :) Or if you don't have an alcohol problem, a glass of wine every now and then! :wink:

Interesting they did the rebar before the plumbing. My plumbing guys showed up a day early to get theirs done first. Said it is a royal pain to do the plumbing with the rebar in place. My rebar guys showed up and complained that the plumbing was already done, Said it is a royal pain to do the rebar with the plumbing already in place!

Is that your boat in the background? I can't tell what type it is.....

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.