autofill
    ozone system
    jandy inline chlorine system
    sodium tetra borate
    12" raised spa, 7x7- edge
    color pebble plaster
    jandy leaf canister

538 sqft of textured overlay
    13 or more engineered piers (pool at edge of canal)

There will be raised flowerbed retention walls placed along the pool wall along the canal
    Attached Images Attached Images
    13K IG Pool with Raised Spa
    Jandy E Pump- 2HP Variable Speed
    Jandy CV460 Cartridge Filter
    Jandy LXI 40,000 Heater
    Polaris 9300 Robot

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New Pool Build in Houston

Welcome to tfp, CAVJOCK22

Your pool design looks great, I look forward to your progress

I would not waste your money on the ozone system, typical outdoor residential pools do not need it.

"Jandy inline chlorine system" ...what is this? Is it a trichlor puck feeder, liquid chlorine feeder, or a saltwater chlorine generator? We do not recommend a trichlor puck feeder as a the primary source of chlorine.
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

3. Back To Top    #3

Nature2 Fusion In-ground is the ultimate chlorine and mineral sanitizing system for in-ground pools. By combining patented Nature2 mineral technology with an automatic chlorine tab feeder, Nature2 Fusion In-ground delivers water that is noticeably cleaner, clearer, and softer. Nature2 is proven to destroy bacteria and control algae, so your pool water will be sparkling clean without having to add extra chemicals. Nature2 is a natural supplement to chlorine, so it helps maximize chlorine investment, while reducing the annoying and harmful effects of harsh chemical use. No other system is this complete or easy to install, use, and maintain. With Nature2 Fusion In-Ground, you are just a few simple steps away from perfect pool water, naturally.
    Jandy LXI 40,000 Heater
    Polaris 9300 Robot

4. Back To Top    #4

"mineral sanitizing system for in-ground pools". hmmmmm...........
    18,000 Gallon IG, Pebble Sheen, Quartzite coping
    Pentair 420 Cartridge Filter, 2HP Silencer, 400,000 BTU Heater, Platinum Legend Cleaner
    2x IntelliFlo VS pumps - Screenlogic Interface - Stenner 45MPHP10 15 Gal Bleach Injection
    TF100 + PoolCalculator + This Site!

5. Back To Top    #5

Cavjock22, I am not sure if you are asking a question, but what you posted is marketing propaganda. If you are asking whether or not the statement is true, then we would say it is misleading since nature2 would still require a primary sanitizer such as chlorine to help protect against such things as person to person transmission of disease. We can discuss more if you are interested.
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

6. Back To Top    #6

What it is an in line system for chlorine pucks plus the minerals. It's built by Jandy.
    I would like to get comments or suggestions if the design or build ideas .
    Jandy LXI 40,000 Heater
    Polaris 9300 Robot

7. Back To Top    #7

We would recommend against mineral pack systems since they are not very effective in pools and they add metals (i am fairly certain copper in the case of the fusion) to the water which can stain. No need for the minerals, and you will still need chlorine. The trichlor part of the system will add cya to your pool that over time will require more and more chlorine to maintain your pool, and often require periodic drain and refills to lower the cya level.

8. Back To Top    #8

If you're serious in learning about the system do a search for alternative sanitizers and you'll learn a lot of unbiased stuff about them that goes past the marketing propaganda.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

9. Back To Top    #9

Cavjock - I see now that you were pasting information about the product and not posting an advert. Read up in Pool School and you will see the consensus on the mineral systems. I would avoid them.

Also what linen points out about CYA is a chief concern when using Trichlor as a primary sanitizer. It's really a matter of preference as to the alternatives. Some prefer salt water chlorine generators for their ease. I myself prefer using bleach as I just don't care for the feel in a SWCG pool. Given the size of your pool you could install a stenner pump to automatically dose the bleach for you from a 15 gallon drum, or you could manually add, or go with another automation approach. I would definitely not plan on using pucks unless you want to drain and refill.

Another point on your quote - what is the builder charging you for your borates and when are they planning on adding this? (sodium tetra borate)

Best bet is to wait until your levels are stable and do this yourself (in my opinion)

Read up in Pool School and much of this is covered in great detail.
    Pentair 420 Cartridge Filter, 2HP Silencer, 400,000 BTU Heater, Platinum Legend Cleaner
    2x IntelliFlo VS pumps - Screenlogic Interface - Stenner 45MPHP10 15 Gal Bleach Injection

10. Back To Top    #10

Thanks gents. I didn't mean to stir up a hornets nest. I will definitely research the topic further.
    Any other things that need attention. I realize I left the builder specifics very vague.
    Jandy LXI 40,000 Heater
    Polaris 9300 Robot

11. Back To Top    #11

Post lots of pics!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

12. Back To Top    #12

Congrats & all the best, Cavjock. I am a newbie too and in Cypress area.
    Please keep us updated with your project.
    My pool build - http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...on-we-got-Pool
    20,000 Gallons IG pool with spa, , 117 linear sq ft, Pebble Fusion.
    Hayward 4030 cartridge filter. June '14. TF-100, Polaris 280.
    Cypress, TX.

13. Back To Top    #13

There seem to be quite a few on this board from the greater Houston area. We are also in Cypress and I see quite a few posts from The Woodlands.

14. Back To Top    #14

Folks, seems my builder is stuck in the engineering phase. Been waiting now for 2 weeks for the pool design to get engineering approval. Is that common or is my builder already letting me down? I realize I have a tough backyard for a pool.
    Jandy LXI 40,000 Heater
    Polaris 9300 Robot

15. Back To Top    #15

Where are you exactly? Harris County is different than most of the country. For most construction there is no zoning or code enforcement. Permits are for tax assessment only.

It's very likely they are concerned about the canal frontage. To warranty the pool shell the excavation, steel-rebar and gunite will have to be right.
    My guess is they are waiting on instructions from the gunite company as they will be the ones on the hook for the shell.
    Pool is DONE!
    Pentair Intelliflo VS3050
    Pentair Easy Touch 8 + actuators + swg
    Pentair IntelliPH
    Pentair 400btu HD heater
    3- Jandy WaterColor LED's
    Hayward C5030 525sqft cartridge filter
    Waterway spa blower

16. Back To Top    #16

seabrook, Harris County.
    I don't want to rush the engineering by now means. I was just curious how long this stage normally takes.
    Jandy LXI 40,000 Heater
    Polaris 9300 Robot

17. Back To Top    #17

Quote Originally Posted by CAVJOCK22
    Folks, seems my builder is stuck in the engineering phase. Been waiting now for 2 weeks for the pool design to get engineering approval. Is that common or is my builder already letting me down? I realize I have a tough backyard for a pool.
    He's just getting you used to waiting. You're gonna do a lot of it over the next few months.

I like the shape of your pool, it's unusual and should be striking when it's all done!
    45'6" x 19' x 26' gunite pool, 43,000 gallons! 3/25/2013 renovation: Arizona Buckskin flagstone coping, NPT Verona Borba Turquoise tile & deco tile, Jules Bright Blue glass trim tile, Altima Premium Plaster in Teal, Pentair Whisperflow 2.0hp Filter Pump, Pentair 60 sq ft DE Filter with Multiport Valve. Polaris automatic cleaner.

18. Back To Top    #18

We are getting closer..... City approved permits.. Now just waiting on HOA.. Been a week waiting on them... Hope too have that next week.. Bank is about a week until there ready for closing.... Landscapers tore down existing retaining walls yesterday and we are storing the old pieces to be used for future retaining wall after gunite...
    Jandy LXI 40,000 Heater
    Polaris 9300 Robot

19. Back To Top    #19

Quote Originally Posted by CAVJOCK22
    We are getting closer..... City approved permits.. Now just waiting on HOA.. Been a week waiting on them... Hope too have that next week.. Bank is about a week until there ready for closing.... Landscapers tore down existing retaining walls yesterday and we are storing the old pieces to be used for future retaining wall after gunite...
    So you are just buying the house and are rolling the pool build into your loan? Cool! POST PICS
    45'6" x 19' x 26' gunite pool, 43,000 gallons! 3/25/2013 renovation: Arizona Buckskin flagstone coping, NPT Verona Borba Turquoise tile & deco tile, Jules Bright Blue glass trim tile, Altima Premium Plaster in Teal, Pentair Whisperflow 2.0hp Filter Pump, Pentair 60 sq ft DE Filter with Multiport Valve. Polaris automatic cleaner.

20. Back To Top    #20

No, We are doing a new construction loan for pool.. I own the home...
    Jandy LXI 40,000 Heater
    Polaris 9300 Robot

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast