Is there a good solar cover that lasts longer?

Red

LifeTime Supporter
Sep 11, 2010
Orange County, CA
I've tried various thicknesses of solar covers. The places that sell them rate them for how many years of warranty you get. It seems to be that no matter what the thickness, I'm lucky to get more than one season out of them (in So Cal I might get March - November as a season). I saw on another thread someone discussing if it's worth paying for the extra thickness, and I believe the answer was no.

So are these things just destined to fall apart every year and I should just buy the cheap stuff to save money? Or is there any better material out there?

The general concensus is just as you've discovered. The cheapest ones are usually the best investment. They don't last proportionally longer compared to the amount you pay for them nor for the greater thickness. Might as well get the cheapest one you can find and replace it every year.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.