About to replace all above ground plumbing...

BoilerHorn

Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
May 14, 2007
Central Texas
I have a 17 year old pool. I have gotten to the point where I think I need to replace all of the above ground plumbing near my pump, filter, and heater. First, a handful of small leaks have started in some of the joint areas. Second, most of the "fins" on the 5 valves have broken off.

Who is the right subcontractor to do this? Is it a plumber who specializes in pools? Is it a pool maintenance guy? Does anyone have a recommendation for the Austin, TX area?

Also, does anyone have an idea on what something like this would cost?

I've included a crude photo of the equipment area near my pool.

[attachment=0:l96xx7ia]Smaller.JPG[/attachment:l96xx7ia]

Thanks in advance for any insights!

Attachments

• Smaller.JPG
    Smaller.JPG
    46.4 KB · Views: 75
What "fins" are you talking about? I do not see 5 valves in the photo.

If you are talking about the handles on PVC ball valves breaking off, that is pretty common. Make sure you use actual pool valves (instead of the cheap ball valves) when you get the plumbing re-done.

jblizzle - thanks for the message. The "fins" I refer to are the handles on the ball valve. I took a side photo of the area, but you can see what appears to be gray PVC near the ground in 3 places. Those are the existing valves and the handles are obscured in the photo. Thanks for the recommendation of getting high quality valves. That was already at the top of my list. The marginal increase in overall cost will definitely be worth it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.