Feb 24, 2013
Hi am new to SWG pools...Have been reading much on this sight but worried i might be taking things too slow and ruining plaster finish.
I have 3750 gallon IG pebble pool with Pentair Cartridge Filter, PentairIntelliflo variable speed pump, it has had water for three weeks SWG
pH = 7.8
FC = 9.5
CC = .5
TC = 10ppm
TA = 190
CH =120
CYA = 25
I know that I need to get the CYA up and CH up and the TA down. I have been working on the CYA but everything says to let it go a week before adding more. I have also read that I need to get the CYA in line before anything but then I read somewhere else that I need to do thinkg in alphabetical order which would mean I should get the alkalinity in order first. What needs to be done first? I really dont want to ruin my plumbing or pebble finish....thanks

Those numbers aren't bad enough to need to panic about them.
How did you get those test results?
What's the water temp?
Where are you located?

Adjust the pH first. As you keep the pH down the TA will come down so don't worry too much about it right now.
Keep the FC at about 3-5 ppm right now.
If you're sure about the CH reading then go ahead and add enough to get to about 200 ppm whenever you can.

The order isn't all that important as long as nothing is too far out of whack.
pH and FC are the two most important things so I like to adjust those first.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.