First Set of Results

CivengPE

LifeTime Supporter
Hey Guys! I just ran my first set of numbers this past weekend on our new pool. What gets me is that I am getting significantly different numbers than the pool store :roll:

Here are my numbers from the TF 100 test kit:
FC 9.0
CC 0.0
TA 50
CYA 65
PH 7.2

Pool store numbers:
FC 6.4
CC 0.0
TA 0.0
CYA 14
Copper 0.4
Phosphates too high to tell.

First, I know my FC is way high, but I am trying to get it down. I had two tablets in the floater and will only replace it with one. I am using tablets until my 30 days are up before switching over to SWG.

Any idea why there CYA test would be so out of whack? I watched them perform the tests using a computer color analyzer thingimajob.

Also, Do I need to be concerned with the copper or phosphates? They, of course, tried to sell me some snake oil, but I wanted to check with the gurus first.

Thanks

Trust your results and ignore the pool store results. As it happens the "computer color analyzer thingimajob" is no indication of quality results, and instead tends to suggest less reliable results, especially for the CYA test which is difficult to do electronically.

On the CYA test, make sure the black dot completely disappears, so there is no sign it was ever there even if you stare at it for several seconds.

If your CYA level is actually anywhere near 65, then FC is at a good level, a tiny bit high but not a big deal.

TA and PH are both a little low, though with fresh plaster they should both come up on their own.

Copper at 0.4 is just high enough to start to worry about. However they could easily be wrong and copper at 0.4 on a fairly recent fill seems quite unlikely.

Phosphates don't matter. If their test is right or wrong, it doesn't matter. As long as you keep the pool properly balanced, you will not have problems. In fact, just wipe the word "phosphates" out of your memory. That will make pool care a little easier.

JohnN said:
Phosphates don't matter. If their test is right or wrong, it doesn't matter. As long as you keep the pool properly balanced, you will not have problems. In fact, just wipe the word "phosphates" out of your memory. That will make pool care a little easier.

Thanks for the advice. As a new virgin pool owner it is hard to ignore the constant stream of Barbara Streisand coming from the PB and Pool store. Thank God I have this place!

I have been following the advice from this forum and have crystal clear pool so far!!! :party:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.