Roughly 15K-17K in ground plaster with DE, 2 HP pump - 500 gal or so spa.
The current owner allowed the power to the house to be cut, when I figured it out I immediatly had him turn it back on (a week or so I think). The pool started to alge bloom, my son and I got to it and cleaned all the leaves out and emptied the baskets etc.
He was using a pool service (pucks and all kinds of craziness including an algaecide on a regular basis.) I have ordered my test kit and will get tests ASAP - in the mean time would there be any harm in superchlorinating with bleach ... say 4 gallons of the 8% stuff? I want to head the algae off at the pass.
Going the BBB route as soon as I am the actual owner, thanks in advance for all the help and the great site.