mkmscr

Mar 1, 2013
Charlotte, USA
Pool Size
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
I have a Pacific vinyl lagoon pool which measures 17x27x37 at 7 1/2 feet deep. Anyone have a clue how I can figure how many gallons of water are in the pool?

There are lots of ways, all of which are a little approximate but still good enough for almost any purpose. One good approach is to use average width and average length: establish two axes at right angles to each other and measure the width and length along those two axes at numerous positions, then average each set and calculate with the average width and length as if it was a square pool.

Pool builders seem to overestimate the volumes a lot. I guess a larger volume of water sounds better.

If you're using the Pool Calc to add chems you can enter the gallons in it and add what it recommends and see how close it comes out over many additions. That will tell you if you're in the ballpark.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.