This site is wonderful and I've only had the chance to crack the surface but I can tell I'll be spending a lot of time here. I'm currently buying a house with a pool, it closes on the 20th, and my wife and I have never had or needed to care for a pool. It's a bit daunting but we're up for it as our little 10 month old daughter LOVES being in water.
My question has to do with installing a new SWG and VSP. The pool does not need this as the pump it has is less than a year old and doing fine, per the checkup by an inspector, but we feel the SWG would really help us and we would enjoy the pool more and the variable speed pump instead of the single speed pump would end up saving us money in the long run. The pool doesn't have any features, we would only need variable speed for running the cleaner, and we could do just a dual speed pump but in Arizona right now I can get a $200 rebate on a variable speed pump so figured it might be worth it.
So here are my questions, I know they're a lot and I may have not provided all of the necessary info but I appreciate anyone help on this;
1. Should I switch to a dual speed or variable speed pump or just leave the single pump we have that's working fine?
2. If we should switch what pump recommendations do you have for an 18k pool with no features?
3. The 3 SWG that I've been looking at are; CompuPool CPSC 48, CircuPool RJ30, and Pool Pilot Digital Nano. Any recommendations on these systems or other systems for my size pool?
4. Is there any pump that would work best with one of these SWGs?
5. I stopped in at Leslie's Pool Supply and felt like I was being sold a more expensive unit then was needed, the Hayward SwimPure Plus and the Hayward Ecostar Variable Speed Pump, does anyone have any experience with these or other equipment from Leslie's? The quoted price for both installed was around $2200 not including tax.
I know this was a long post but I greatly appreciate anyone who can provide feedback. Thank you,