Pentair Mastertemp error

crudsrus

LifeTime Supporter
May 16, 2010
Yuma AZ
Just attempted to start my MasterTemp heater but it keeps shutting down. The service heater light is on along with three rapid flashing lights located within the ignition control module. Any thoughts or ideas what parts are required to troubleshoot and repair? The ignition control module label diagnostic indicator notes "3 flashes = ignition lockout". Not very helpful to me :?: I have checked to make sure the heater is receiving natural gas, pump and filter running without obstructions. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Harrison

Spoke with a technician from Pentair today and he guided me through a few troubleshooting steps. Verified voltage to Ignitor=good, Resistance should be 40-70 ohms=my ignitor was reading an open. Ordered new ignitor today. I will update when working. Pentair customer service is great, if you are handy with a multimeter they will guide you through each step of the process.
Mastertemp 400 NG

Replaced HSI-(Hot Surface Ignitor) today and heater is working great. :-D
Total time of about 30 minutes from start to finish.
Part number 77707-0054 Igniter and Gasket kit heater. Cost 40.00 shipped to my door
:party:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.