Thanks to all of you. Before registering I viewed this forum extensively. I am upgrading my pool to automation with pentair easytouch with intellichlor, intelliflow vs pump and intellichem. I have a 20,000 gallon pool, 2 suction lines each 2 inch and 3 returns each 1.5 inch, a tagelaus ta 50 sand filter and raypack natural gas heater.
Some general questions.
1) The retun line to my pool goes to 3 jets. It is 1.5 inch schedule 40 PVC and I can't change that. The multiport on my tagelus filter only accepts a 1.5 inch input fitting from the pump. I could probably tap off the multiport outflow with 2 inch pvc although it is set up with 1.5 inch pipe to my heater. Leaving the heater outflow I could do 2 inch pvc to the intellichlor, but it will eventually have to go back down to my 1.5 returns. Is there any benefit to adding 2 inch pvc where I can or should I just stick with 1.5 inch pvc throughout? The intellichlor can accept 2 inch pvc but I would have to adapt it to 1.5. I am also building a bypass around the intelliflow to to control flow.
2) 50 amps is going to the load center. Should I have a GFCI at the home panel or individual GFCI's at the load center. Opinions would be appreciated. My original install had no GFCI's professionally done.
3) The intellichlor manual recommends schedule 80 unions. Is this done? I have never seen it. I have only seen schedule 40 for pool plumbing. The manual said unions, not piping. What is a reasonable option?
4) My Raypack heater has a line out for automation. 2 leads, one is +24v and the other is ground. Is the attachment point in the easytouch just an on/off switch and are these raypack leads ok for the easy touch. ? I could do a firemans switch option as well.
5) I want to install a service disconnect before the easy touch load center. Leads from the home panel include two hot, one neutral and a ground. A standard 220v service disconnect is wired for two hot and a ground. Do I just pass through the neutral directly to the load center? (yes, a little knowledge is indeed a dangerous thing)
6) Inside the easy touch with intellichlor is a circuit board for the intellichlor. It has 3 com ports, one of which is connected to the easy touch board. can I use these with or instead of a com port expansion panel ? It seems from my research that all comports are tied together.
7) Lastly, the intellichem (which will likely cause me great pain), Is there a standard concentration of muriatic acid ? what is the correct concentration. I can find nothing about this in pentairs manuals.
Many thanks to all who dare to help me.