Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: new pentair IC 40

1. Back To Top    #1

new pentair IC 40

Just had IC 40 installed Thursday and dialing it in now, I testes Salt with Taylor K-1766and it shows 3000 PPM and the green light is on steady on the SWG manual says that its good level, I read that it should be 3400 at start, Do I add another bag of salt. The installer did leave me 2 extra bags and told me he went low on it and to check it. What do you think?

13000 in ground Wet Edge Satin Tahitian Blue, Pentair VS pump, Hayward DE4820, Hayward Vac, Pentair SWG IC 40, Pentair Intellibrite 5G, Intellibrite Controller,
    TF-100 Test Kit, Seminole, West Central Florida

2. Back To Top    #2
    NE Kansas

Re: new pentair IC 40

I wouldn't yet, if you add too much the only way to reduce the level is draining some water and refilling. What is your water temp? Colder water makes salt or any other solid longer to dissolve. My level didn't stabilizer for almost a week when I put in my pool. Water temp was only 60-65.

Keep an eye on it for a few days and see what it does. If salt level starts going down then you might add some but not a whole bag.
    Ron- Kansas. IG fiberglass, Riviera 30 Freeform 13600 gallons,
    EasyTouch 4 w/IC20 SWCG, Pentair Whisperflo 1hp, 2 speed 220 pump, Hayward ProGrid 4820 DE filter using Eco Klean instead of DE, 2 Savi Melody 12v 5 color LEDs, Raypack 266k btu millivolt heater, Arctic Armour Mesh custom safety cover (Total self Install) TF-100 test kit w/Magic stir.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: new pentair IC 40

Salt tends to drift down over the course of a pool season, so it is best to start the season with salt around 3,500 or so. At the same time 4knights has a good point. There is no rush and it is easier to add more later than it is to remove some if you add too much. The SWG is fine for now so no rush.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School