Advice on remodel consideration/ additions...Completed!

Re: Advice on remodel consideration/ additions...pics inside

ColdAirGuy said:
harleysilo said:
Looking great!

I'm going to write something, please don't take offense, you do know when diving deep underwater to squeeze your nose and then try to blow out your nose to equalize the pressure in your ears, right? That's how people including me dive down to 30-40 feet while snorkeling. I realize I'm late with the comment.

Pool is going to look amazing with pavers and new finish!

****!!!

All of this money and effort....if I had only known. HAHAHA.

Actually I didn't know that, but it's good to know in the future...I guess. We actually really wanted more usable area for parties and stuff.

We are hoping they give us some breathing room and let us actually finish it. This Summer would be nice! :roll:

Well if you look at my sig you'll see I built a shallow pool, and we love it! My dad taught me a lot, but he didn't teach me how to function in the business world. You are going to love the ability to use all your pool and not have to swim. Considerd volleyball yet?

And the ear thing really works, don't hesitate to go snorkeling on your next trip to the ocean!

So i'm having a difficult time getting the Contractor back to my house to plaster my pool. Pretty frustrated since he has part of my money for the plaster work already, so I can't just ditch him.

In any event he called me today and said he's now swamped and he's going to have his father-in-laws crew do the plaster, which i'm really annoyed about, :rant: but at least it's a well known company that's been around for a couple decades in my area. So today on short notice I had to run out and pick up the accent tile for the steps and try to find a new pool light. I'm getting a Pentair Intellibrite 5G, so all he told me I needed was a plaster ring and the light. However looking through the pentair instructions it states to use only an approved niche.

Here's my question right now. My pool is probably 40-50 years old. The niche appears to just be a smooth round cavity in the wall made of concrete. The hole in the back, top is there for the cord. Would this be considered a safe installation?

My old light was a 300W amerilite that just sat in there with a plaster ring and the cord went through to the junction box on the deck. I have no doubt it will physically fit, just wondering if it's pentair approved or not.

Re: Advice on remodel consideration/ additions...*Updated Pi

I have a crew here today to finally get the plaster (white) on this pool so we will be filling by the end of the day! :mrgreen:

Here are some updated pictures of the rebar work, and the eventual shotcrete done a couple of weeks ago. The pool contractor is supposed to come back tomorrow with his start-up instructions and too take care of some loose ends here and there.

So good news, plaster crew is all done and the water is flowing.
So the plaster crew attempted to run a poly line through and then a fish tape to install my pool light and it's either getting stuck or there is an obstruction right near the niche. :(

Unfortunately when the PB ran the new lighting conduit and did the decking in that area I was at work and he decided he didn't need to pull a string through. We'll see, he's supposed to come out tomorrow.

I never got around to posting the final pictures for our remodel. Yesterday we had our first pool/Birthday party for my little munchkin. It all went well, although I did find food in the pool this morning :suspect: and my Chlorine at 0, to be expected with 15 kids I suppose, oh and grilled chicken.

Here are some finished pictures of my backyard....I also did some work about a year ago on the other side of my yard and put in a paver path and elevated seating area around my fountain (we like water). Despite our guests suggestions at putting a fire pit there instead, we like the fountain.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.