Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Typical Inground Pool Costs SE Texas / SW Louisiana

1. Back To Top    #1
    SW Louisiana

Typical Inground Pool Costs SE Texas / SW Louisiana

Without going into a lot of detail, it looks like my wife and I are going to have to buy a new house in the next few/several months (involves a real estate development wanting our current home / land). There are very limited numbers of houses on the market in our desired area that already have a pool (7 at the moment, out of 132 that would otherwise quality on price range, location, etc), and of those that we have found so far that have a pool, they have all had issues with the home layout, etc. that we did not like. This leads me to asking what are the going rates in the region for adding a pool, ideally I think I would want a free form gunite/shotcrete pool of at least 25,000 gallons, although I am somewhat flexible on this. I hope to use this information to add to the equation when looking at otherwise promising homes vs the alternative of finding a house with a pool that we like, but with other issues that might mean remodelling the home vs installing a pool.

thanks for your help
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

2. Back To Top    #2
    Friendswood, TX

Re: Typical Inground Pool Costs SE Texas / SW Louisiana

I would target $47k +/- 15% with pool equipment and water features being the largest cost contributor.
    Dave My Pool Build, ODK Build
    22X42 Gunite Freeform 23K Gal, 10X12 Spa
    Diamond-Brite midnight blue, 1800sq. ft Kool Deck
    Pentair Easy-Touch 8, 2-2hp Pentair, 500lb Sand Filter, 400K btu Pentair heater

3. Back To Top    #3

But you can spend a ton on landscaping also. The setting can have a lot to do with the Wow factor.
    23,000 gallon in ground pool with rock waterfall and spillover spa, Aqualink control system, Polaris 380 cleaner, Purex Triton Clean&Clear Plus cartridge filter. Located in The Woodlands, Texas.

Pool owner since Nov 2008, Trouble Free since April 2009. Happy to help when I can.

4. Back To Top    #4

Gonzales, La

Isaac-1 from the SS site?? I have a current pool quote from a builder that is building pools in the Lake Charles area. If you pm me with a email address I will forward my pool qoute and info to you for comparison.

15x36 Gunite w/Diamond Brite(Bahama Breeze plaster), 3.5-6', Pentair Easytouch Automation panel, Pentair 3HP VS pump, Pentair CNC 420 filter, Pentair 5G color changing light, Polaris 360 cleaner w/booster, Pentair IC-20 SWG
    My pool build