Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: changing skimmer / manufactures

1. Back To Top    #1

changing skimmer / manufactures

I need to replace my skimmer, the complete assembly.
    The one that came with the pool is a Waterway Plastics model and I can't find a replacment. My problem is; I would like to replace it with a solid name brand "Hayward" but none of the ones I have looked at have the same cut-out dimentions or number of mounting holes what do I do?
    Man!,this water is cold!
    9,240 Gallon
    15'X 26'above ground
    Using BBB method of chemistry
    Hayward X-Steam 100sq ft cartridge filter
    Hayward 1hp Matrix pump
    Daytona Beach,FL.

2. Back To Top    #2
    I am in the same boat. I took my face plate to all of the local shops to try and match it up. We came up with a pretty good match and Leslie's. It matches the one that they sell with there pools so they would have to special order it from the manufacture. I am going to replace mine at the end of the season when I drain below the skimmer. For the time being I used silicone caulk to stop the leak I had since I don't want to drain now.

What is broken on your skimmer?

Is your skimmer standard or wide mouth? You can replace it with a bigger one and cut the wall to fit the larger skimmer. The other option it to patch the hole with sheet metal and make the cutout for a new skimmer. You could either screw, glue or rivet a piece of sheet metal to the pool. I would use silicone and screw or rivets. Hope this helps.
    Patriot Arcadia 15' round 52". Pentair Clean and Clear 100 sqft Cartridge filter, 1HP Optiflow pump, Goldline Aquatrol SWG. 2 - 4'x20' solar panels roof mounted. All rigid PVC plumbing. Resin Solar reel with 8mil Thermo-tex solar cover. 14 x 12 deck.

Ovation 15'x24'x52'' AG. Pentair System 3 150 SQ foot cartridge filter, 1 1/2 HP pump.