Calcium Hardness issues in Richardson, TX

brian987

LifeTime Supporter
Hey guys...I am just wondering if there is anyone else in the Richardson area who has fill water that is low in calcium?

My previous home was only about 4 miles from here...granted, it was in Dallas...and the water there was usually a bit high when tested. I am surprised that being so close, the water could be that different...and a little concerned that just maybe my test isn't accurate, or I am doing something wrong?

Any feedback would be appreciated.

My water here in Garland is fairly hard, but almost unmeasurable using my CH test. I realize we are on two different providers, but we are neighbors and IIRC we both pull from Lake Lavon.

I measured CH, got a reading of about 30. I don't know how accurate the CH test is that low. The reason I say "about" is because based on the way I saw it react, I'd say it was closer to 25. Next time I test my pool chems (maybe tomorrow unless it's storming) I'll run a test on my tap water again.

Garland says we have hard water and on the city's site they recommend using vinegar in your washing machine and dishwasher.

RobbieH said:
I measured CH, got a reading of about 30. I don't know how accurate the CH test is that low. The reason I say "about" is because based on the way I saw it react, I'd say it was closer to 25. Next time I test my pool chems (maybe tomorrow unless it's storming) I'll run a test on my tap water again.

Garland says we have hard water and on the city's site they recommend using vinegar in your washing machine and dishwasher.
What test kit are you using? Are you saying 3 drops and your there?

I essentially have the TF-100 and using a SpeedStir. I've put together pieces here and there from Dave as time has gone by.

2 drops ALMOST sticks, the third drop holds, 4th drop does nothing.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
OK. My house tap is way lower than my pool, and we get spotting on all glass if left to air dry. Heavy minerals in our area, CH in the pool has been high since day 1. Drained almost all the water one year filled back up and in a few days right back at square 1! Pool is crystal clear and numbers are at TFP levels. I'm always watching for scale build-up but no problems so far.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.