Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: 10 gallons of liquid bleach left over from last year

1. Back To Top    #1

10 gallons of liquid bleach left over from last year

Topic split off. Please ask questions in your own topic instead of reusing someone else's existing topic. Thanks JasonLion

Staying with the expiration topic, I have about 10 gallons of liquid bleach left over from last year. I stored them in my basement so they would not freeze. Are they still good to use this spring?
    Installed Sept 2008. 18 x 36 Flatback Kidney Radiant, Vinyl liner 25,000 inground, Hayward Max-Flo 1 HP Pool Pump SP2807X10 (runs 24/7) , Hayward Pro-Series High Rate Sand Filter Model #S244T, Hayward Heat Pro, Frog chlorinator is turned off, TF-100 Test kit

Location is Toronto, Ohio, overlooking the Mighty Ohio River. My river days are done. Sold the boat and Waverunner and now prefer a pool over the river.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: 10 gallons of liquid bleach left over from last year

It's possibly a little less strength but it's still good to use. Add what the pool calc cals for and then test about 30 minutes later and you'll know if it's still abot the same strength.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks Dave.
    Installed Sept 2008. 18 x 36 Flatback Kidney Radiant, Vinyl liner 25,000 inground, Hayward Max-Flo 1 HP Pool Pump SP2807X10 (runs 24/7) , Hayward Pro-Series High Rate Sand Filter Model #S244T, Hayward Heat Pro, Frog chlorinator is turned off, TF-100 Test kit

Location is Toronto, Ohio, overlooking the Mighty Ohio River. My river days are done. Sold the boat and Waverunner and now prefer a pool over the river.

4. Back To Top    #4

Last season I started off with a few gallons of 10% left from the prior year. This year I will be again using left overs from the prior season. I didn't notice any measurable degradation. I doubt the garage gets much lower than mid 40s in the dead of winter.
    Aaron
    [ Vogue Vectra 24' AG | Hard plumb: Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 1HP 2-speed, 27" sand filter & Pentair MiniMax 100 NG | Taylor K-2006 | Central IL ]